There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

serious play

hi,
the far I go, the more things seems to be not right in my learning to play darbuka.
I have seen Jas's middle eastern rythm site and I should just follow it.
I have to follow it!

My play just for fun here should end.
But for now, today's play was very fine.

I see small progress in sounds and tempo's.

I learned to play malfuf and it's sister rythm called: waaHida-saghiira-2

here are some scores:

malfuuf (filled with ka's)

3x|D-k-T-k-T-k|   1x|D -(m.k)|
-m.k- muted ka


waaHida-saghiira-2
D---__T-____T---



waaHida-saghiira-2  sounds more than middle east, while malfuf 4/4 rythm sounds more african style.
both are called "malfuf" in Lebanon and Egipt.


then I trained "heared" in Abu Kadar's performance a rythm:
3x|D-k-T-k-| 1x|D-k-T-kt|

that's fine oriental dance rythm when played accurately and loud.


Today I used metronome for rythm cycling. I did my best for accurate play. I was drumming also by hearing a music (not middle eastern this time ;) but I heared Umm Khultum today and I can feel the "vibe"...


I trained some rythm which I could see it's not common (and not "per" 4 in musical scales).


 All my training lines you can listen to here:



 please subscribe and comment! :) and vote up for my you tube uploads :)
rgds.
Pepe.
 


2 comments:

  1. :) Nieźle, ale:
    |D-k-T-k-T-k| - Coś z tym jest nie tak. To nie jest malfuf - to jakiś rytm na 3. Na nagraniu też trochę inaczej go grasz: |D--kT-k-T-k|

    Radziłbym też uważać na równe odstępy między uderzeniami, bo robi się miejscami swing/schuffle - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9b/Shuffle_feel_in_between.mid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. |D--kT-k-T-k| - ach te modyfikacje... potraktuj te moje rytmy jako moją "zabawę". teraz chcę każdy rytm wykuć na blaszkę, jedną ręką, a lewą na boku trzymać.
      odstępy to lata praktyki, ja mam miesiąc bęben, a praktyki może z tydzień :)
      dzięki dzięki, poczytam linka

      Delete